- College Admission Assistance
- Financial Aid Guidance
- Career Exploration
- College Applications
- SAT & ACT Preparation
No appointment is needed and all services are free of charge and available in Spanish to all, including those in middle school, high school, current college students, adults and anyone in-between.
MEYO’s purpose is to provide an environment that supports personal development, community service, post-high school dedication, and solid character formation. We try to nurture the passions of our participants Monday-Thursday 4-6 pm.
Submit your application essays online.
Apply for scholarships from participating universities.
Search for and view both general and university specific information
The following guide explores important aspects of the admissions process including:
- The application process and an explanation of who is responsible for which tasks
- How to go about researching schools and creating a short list
- An overview of standardized tests
- The different types of application deadline options
- A break down of the college application into all its components, and guidance for writing a great essay
- The financial aid application process, which parallels the college application process
- Guidelines for deciding which college to attend
- Useful tips from admissions officers on how to be a successful applicant
- What community college students and graduates need to know when transferring to universities
Most importantly, this guide helps demystify the college application process overall. Print it out and refer to it often.
Hours are from 2 p.m. to midnight daily.
Practice Lessons, worksheets, study guides and videos available 24/7
Learning Express Library provides 24/7 online academic and career practice tests and full-texts of test prep books. Areas covered include academic, such as SAT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT; basic skills, civil service, cosmetology, EMS, firefighter, GED, law enforcement, ASVAB, postal services, real estate, and U.S. citizenship. Test score report includes explanation of right and wrong answers.
- Free online financial education courses through instructor assignments or self-study
- Customizable financial tools such as worksheets, a Budget Wizard, quizzes and calculators
- A personal dashboard to track your progress
- Articles and resources on topics that students can relate to
- A guide to real-life money questions
Learn about the eligibility criteria for the federal student aid programs.
Open to grade levels 9 to 12
empowerment and self-sufficiency in women and their families. Through its hard work in
the last century, the YWCA of San Antonio has become a trusted part of San Antonio
and its rich culture. Today the YWCA strengthens families in the San Antonio
community by providing an array of programs that focus on childcare and early
education; economic empowerment; youth development; and health and wellness.
The Mi Carrera college scholarship has been created by individuals who believe in the
mission of the organization and the positive impact of a college education. The YWCA
Mi Carrera Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior who is a teen mother and
has participated in the Mi Carrera parenting program.
The Mi Carrera Scholarship consists of:
· Paid tuition for two consecutive years at an Alamo College
· Paid tuition for two consecutive years at Texas A&M University-San Antonio
· Book support of $500 each semester ($150/summer)
Applications must be postmarked by February 28th!”
Follow the link to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA). This is typically needed when applying for financial aid at a college or university.
The San Antonio location offers Associate degrees in Diagnostic Medical Sonography and Surgical Technology. Other degrees are available online.
A high school diploma or GED credential required.
- Master of Public Health (General, Epidemiology, Health Promotion & Behavioral Sciences),
- Master of Science (Epidemiology),
- Doctor of Public Health (Community Health Practice, Environmental & Occupational Health),
- Doctor of Philosophy (Epidemiology),
- Dual degree programs: MD/MPH (with the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio) and MBA/MPH (with the UT-San Antonio College of Business), and Certificate Programs.